EdIncites is a nimble, growth-oriented company that is passionate about advancing student achievement and teacher effectiveness.
We want to provide tools that make educators’ jobs easier, and help students reach their full potential. We’re looking for smart, innovative people who share our vision, embody our core values, and want to have fun working in a collaborative environment. We’ve consciously focused on creating an exciting work environment and a unique company culture that surrounds you with teammates that you respect and truly enjoy working with. You’ll not only have professional growth opportunities but have the convenience and flexibility of working remotely.
Why You’ll Love Working at EdIncites
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (a flexible policy for vacation, sick leave and personal business)
- Health Insurance (effective the first day of the month following 30 days of employment)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health, Dependent Care and Individual Premium Plans
- Parking and Transit Plan
- Additional Optional Group Benefits
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bereavement Leave Pay
- Professional growth opportunities
- Work from home (convenience, no commute, gas or parking expenses)
- Flexible schedule (based on role)
- Great culture and teammates
(Qualified candidates please send resumes to: email@example.com)
The CTO at EdIncites® will be a critical member of the executive team, leading our software development, DevOps, data science, information security and IT functions. The CTO will be based in Charlotte, NC and will report to the CEO. The role requires a passionate, business-oriented technology leader who can provide strategic leadership and management in the design and development of the major technical initiatives that support strategic business programs and facilitate revenue growth. To meet our ambitious company goals, we are looking for a CTO to scale our rapidly growing development team and overall business by providing sound technical leadership to all aspects of the company. The ideal candidate is someone who understands and is energized by solving the challenges faced during hyper-growth.
About the Role
The CTO will identify and implement technology solutions within the organization and maintain and ensure high availability of the existing infrastructure and systems. This hands-on position will lead EdIncites’ technical teams to develop and execute on a product and platform vision for the company. The CTO will identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services through technology, assess technical hurdles, and recommend innovative solutions.
We are looking for a CTO with previous leadership experience as you will be working as both a technology and business expert alongside our CEO. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen and be a strategic thinker. Proven managerial skills and knowledge of coaching and performance measurement are necessary to ensure that the IT organization meets or exceeds departmental KPIs.
The CTO must possess excellent communication skills as they will be communicating with employees, clients, partners and investors to convey the benefits of our technology and ensure that it is being used effectively. They will partner with internal functional leaders to help grow EdIncites’ business by leveraging technology. The CTO will help position EdIncites as a technical thought leader in the market and the financial sector.
- Achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development and deployment of all technology-based services.
- Provide a competitive advantage through the implementation of cutting-edge software, technologies and other enterprise-wide applications and their alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
- Define technical architecture and set vision for software development teams to ensure projects are
- delivered in a timely manner with expected user functionality and reliability.
- Evaluate overall operations and technology functions and recommend enhancements.
- Develop, review and certify all back-up, business continuity and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and apply tools to mitigate risk.
- Conduct initial and periodic information security risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation.
- Ensure EdIncites’ technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws and regulatory standards.
- Establish and implement short and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Supervise quality assurance processes, integration testing, regression testing and system testing.
- Develop the technical aspects of our company’s strategy.
- Monitor and ensure system infrastructure is functioning and working efficiently.
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators and metrics.
- Develop and administer the department budget including forecasting funding needs for staffing, equipment, materials, supplies, procurement and contracting while monitoring expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget.
- Solicit and respond to feedback from stakeholders and use it to make improvements or adjustments to our technology.
- Make executive decisions regarding our company’s technological needs.
- Oversee any changes in system architecture.
- Plan and implement appropriate use policies for employees.
- Develop and implement all of our internal communication systems including email and messaging.
- Assist other departments in using technology effectively.
- Communicate our technology strategy to our partners as well as investors.
- BSc or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field required; MBA or similarly relevant
graduate degree desired.
- Proven track record of success in leadership position such as a Chief Technology Officer or similar
- 8+ years of experience directing the development of scalable software projects; both managing the
team and writing code hands-on.
- A solid understanding of software architecture patterns and designing for scalability.
- Experience managing infrastructure using site-reliability engineering or DevOps practices.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Ability to develop and supervise product deployment and functionality with time to market and feature
set as key targets.
- Analytical skills to ensure that the proper technical approach is taken for all feature/future development.
- Experience establishing development environments, technology stacks, version control, methodology and testing policies as well as client support and integration.
- Ability to work in a very ‘hands-on’ environment that requires a consultative and collaborative approach and solutions that span multiple business functions.
- Experience with MEAN Stack – MongoDB, Express JS, Angular, NodeJS, Redis, Linux, Git, AWS.
- Broad-based technical background with extensive experience in large-scale application development.
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Able to conduct research and analyses of technology
- Knowledge of technology trends and ability to utilize technological trends to build a business strategy.
- Strategic thinker
- Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs.
Qualified candidates please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org